Fine Arts, Antique and Estate Auctioneers and Appraisers Since 1972
228 Northeast Seventh Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97232
Phone: 238-0202 (local) or 1-888-238-0202 (toll free)
FAX: (503) 236-8211
FURNITURE AND DECORATIVE ARTS AUCTION
MONDAY, TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY; JUNE 7, 8 AND 9, 1999 AT 7PM
||ALBERT N.A. HERTER (Santa Barbara, California; 1871-1950).
Three watercolors on paper forming a triptych: The Renaissance
coronation procession having a total of sixteen figures. This piece will
be offered for auction on Wednesday evening, June 9, 1999 as catalog
The Estate of Mrs. Hannah Bos formerly of Glendale and Los Angeles,
California Including Older Furnishings, Paintings, Porcelains, Silver, Cut
Glass and Crystal; Collectible Cars from the Frank and Geneva Agosto Estate
and from an Avid Collector; A Great Offering of Fine Jewelry from Estates
and Private Collections; Personal Collections of Firearms, Open Salts and
THE ON-LINE VERSION OF OUR AUCTION CATALOG IS AVAILABLE
- FURNISHINGS including a Classic circa 1935 Empire Sofa (see
catalog #196), a Louis XVI style American carved walnut settee (see
catalog #764), a circa 1870 American Victorian walnut chest of drawers
(see catalog #52), a circa 1920 Mission oak cellaret (see catalog #168),
a circa 1954 American cherry wood hutch by L. G. & J. Stickley,
Wellington American upright piano, 19th century marble top chest,
needlepoint screen, L. G. & J. Stickley dining table, six signed
Windsor dining chairs, six-piece Widdicomb Louis XV style bedroom set,
Biedermeier chest of drawers, 19th century Japanese Tansu chests, Dutch
- PAINTINGS AND ART including artists such as Edward B.
Quigley, Heinie Hartwig, Asa "Ace" Powell, Albert N. A.
Herter, Roger Cooke, F. Roos, Phil Tyler, Verne Tossey, Bev Doolittle,
A. Selander, Matsumoto. Miniature oils, Japanese wood block prints, Walt
- PORCELAINS including KPM, Meissen, Wedgwood, Herend, Royal Vienna, Belleek, Minton, Haviland, Dresden, Moorcroft, Delft, Wavecrest,
Capodimonte, Rosenthale, Hummel, Royal Doulton.
- SILVER including an S. Kirk & Son Sterling flatware set
in "Repousse" pattern, International Sterling flatware sets in
"Richelieu" and "Wedgwood" patterns, Tuttle flatware
in "Trianon" pattern, an American Sterling coffee and tea set,
pairs of Sterling candlesticks, a Wilcox plated coffee and tea set.
- CUT GLASS AND CRYSTAL including an American Brilliant period
vase (see catalog #704) and an American Brilliant period punch bowl (see
- JEWELRY AND WATCHES including Diamond Platinum, butterfly
broach, Art Deco diamond 18 K. bracelet, large diamond solitaires,
pearls, Le Coultre wristwatch, gold bangle with diamonds and sapphires,
costume jewelry, pocket watches. See catalog #759, #796, #869 and #887
- FIREARMS including long guns by Browning, J. P. Sauer,
Mannlicher-Schoenaur. Winchester, Marlin, Baker, Beretta, Antonio Zoli,
Davide Pederson, Colt, Savage.
- COLLECTOR'S LAMPS including a rare signed Handel interior
painted table lamp, a double signed Pairpoint Exeter shade. Tiffany
style table lamps, torchere. Cut glass, porcelain and Victorian style
lamps. Five-light crystal chandelier.
- ART GLASS AND POTTERY including a rare Daum Nancy French
cameo decanter, Galle, Steuben, Orrefors, Gorham, Roseville, Weller,
- MARBLE/ALABASTER, BRONZE AND WOOD SCULPTURES including an
A. Piazza original marble bust, Dayton Lanphear black walnut sculpture
of a grizzly bear, Lorenzo Ghiglieri's signed bronze "Eagle",
- CHINA SETS including Cauldon, England "Blue and White",
Lenox, Noritake "Icon", Minton "Hardwicke Hall",
Bavarian "Briar Rose", B&C Limoges, France; Wedgwood "Queensware",
Royal Doulton "Hampshire".
- ORIENTALIA including Satsuma, porcelains, snuff bottles,
- CLOCKS including a circa 1835 Empire mahogany Connecticut
shelf clock (see catalog #766), 19th century English grandfather, Seth Thomas, marble and other mantel and wall clocks.
- COLLECTIBLES iincluding Maxfield Parrish 1931 "Solitude"
wall calendar, WWI poster, French opera glasses, Open salt collection
(including Sterling, cut glass, porcelain and figural), dolls, toys,
three-story Victorian style doll house with accessories (see catalog
#347), gold scales, dispensers, Hummel plates, militaria, gold and
silver coins, sheet music and sheet music albums (see catalog #183 among
others), Oregon books.
- ORIENTAL RUGS, RUNNERS AND CARPETS including Antique tribal
Persian area rug, Persian Kerman, Kilim, Kashan. Persian design hand
woven rugs in Herati, Isfahan and other patterns. All silk...over 40
- WINE including west coast, French and German. Also a great
walk-in wine cooler vault.
- CLASSIC CARS: A 1994 BMW 530I four-door sedan and a 1947
Plymouth Special Deluxe two-door hardtop.
- NATIVE AMERICAN: Pacific Northwest pictorial beaded bags (see
catalog #61), Nez Perce carrying bag (see catalog #85), Navajo hand
- ...MUCH MORE! iincluding a pair of fruit wood inlaid plaques
attributed to A. Gargiulo, circa 1910 floor model oak Victrola
phonograph...over 900 lots!
THE ON-LINE VERSION OF OUR AUCTION CATALOG IS AVAILABLE
- PREVIEW HOURS FOR THIS AUCTION ARE:
- Friday, June 4, 1999 from 6pm to 9pm
- Saturday, June 5, 1999 from 12pm to 5pm
- Sunday, June 6, 1999 from 12pm to 5pm
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, June 7, 8 and 9, 1999 from 6pm to
- AUCTION SESSION HOURS ARE:
- Monday, June 7, 1999 at 7pm (catalog #s 1-300)
- Tuesday, June 8, 1999 at 7pm (catalog #s 301-650)
- Wednesday, June 9, 1999 at 7pm (catalog #s 701-950)
VISA, MASTERCARD AND DISCOVER CREDIT CARDS
ACCEPTED. PACKING AND SHIPPING AVAILABLE.
-- 10% BUYER'S PREMIUM --
ABSENTEE AND TELEPHONE BIDS ACCEPTED: Please
e-mail (up to 24 hours prior to
the auction) your name and telephone number(s), and we will call you to
arrange for your absentee and/or telephone bid (or call us toll-free at
1-888-238-0202 up until the time the auction begins). To submit bids by
fax, provide us with your fax number, and we will fax to you an
Absentee/Telephone Bid Form. Once you have submitted bids for an auction
by telephone or fax, we will have you setup to submit bids by email (up to
24 hours prior to the auctions) for future auctions.
CONDITION REPORTS AND PHOTOGRAPHS AVAILABLE: If you are unable
to attend one of the previews, please contact
us about obtaining condition reports on and/or photographs of items
you are interested in bidding on. Please place your order for photographs
or images by Tuesday, June 1, 1999 so that you will receive them in time
for the auction.
NOW ACCEPTING CONSIGNMENTS: Refer a consignment to us and earn
up to five percent commission! Consignments are being accepted for our our
July 12-14, 1999 Furniture and Decorative Arts Auction through Friday,
June 18, 1999. If you have an item you are considering selling, please
contact us today for a free
pre-sale evaluation without obligation!
Look at our Upcoming Auctions
Sign up for our FREE Mailing List and/or Order
Send us an E-mail Message (We
would like to hear from you!)