Fine Arts, Antique and Estate Auctioneers and Appraisers Since 1972
228 Northeast Seventh Avenue
Phone: 238-0202 (local) or 1-888-238-0202 (toll free)
NEW YEAR PREMIERE THREE-SESSION AUCTION
JANUARY 21, 22 & 23, 2002 AT 7:00 P.M.
||An autographed portrait of Marilyn Monroe included in the collection of original photographs, circa 1942-1945, from her marriage to Mr. Jim Dougherty. This important photograph collection will be offered for auction on Monday, January 21, 2002 as catalog #129. Absentee and telephone bids are being accepted (up until the time the auction begins) from those who are unable to attend the auction in person.
Featuring Selected Property from
The Home of Mr. Bob Rau
A Fantastic Local Collection of Autographs & Autographed Memorabilia
Lorenzo E. Ghiglieri Bronzes
From the Mr. Donnie Laas Collection
Plus Other Estates, Consignments, Collections & Acquisitions
THE ON-LINE VERSION OF OUR AUCTION
CATALOG IS AVAILABLE HERE
- AUTOGRAPHS & SIGNED MEMORABLIA Letter Hand Written by Thomas Jefferson. Collection of Marilyn Monroe Photographs taken 1942-1945. Elvis Presley. Richard Nixons Presidential Pardon Signed by President Gerald Ford. Land Grant Signed by President John Quincy Adams. Judy Garland, Mother Theresa, Lawrence of Arabia, Timothy Leary, J. Paul Getty, Anne Frank, Mrs. Frances Cleveland, Lana Turner. Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, other actresses & actors. Andy Warhol Autographed Book
much more! A great opportunity to add to your collection, or start one!
- WATCHES Mans Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day-Date Wristwatch Bezel Set with 44 Diamonds in 18 K. Gold. Rolex Submariner Wristwatch in 18 K. Gold & Stainless Steel with Blue Dial & Rotating Bezel. Pocketwatches
a great selection of watches & fine jewelry for Valentines Day gift giving.
- ESTATE JEWELRY Nineteen Inch Strand of Large Cultured Pearls. Diamond & Emerald Earrings in the Art Deco Style. Ladys Diamonds & Sapphire Ring Appraised for $9,500. Diamond & Sapphire Bracelet. Ladys .75 Carat Brilliant Cut Diamond Ring. Pair of Diamond Earstuds, Diamond Tennis Bracelet, Diamond Heart Pendant Necklace, Fine 18 Karat Gold Chain Necklace, Gucci Pendant.
- PORCELAIN Pair Oriental Covered Urns with Bronze Base & Mounts (See Catalog #805). Pair German Porcelain Vases (See Catalog #821). Mintons, Royal Doulton, Lladro, Hummel, R. S. Prussia, Limoges, Goebel, Royal Worcester, Copeland Spode, Satsuma, Scheibe-Alsbach. Mettlach & Other German Steins. Bonn Fish Set, Ludwigsburg, Dresden, Staffordshire, Lenox, Imari, Wedgwood.
- DINNERWARE Mintons "Ancestral" Pattern Dinnerware. Heron Cross 101 Piece Set of English Porcelain Dinnerware. Royal Doulton, Royal Worcester, Rosenthal, Haviland Limoges, Copeland Spode, KPM.
- LARGE SELECTION OF FRENCH CAMEO GLASS Daum Nancy, Galle (See Examples #703, #720 & #820), Muller Fres, Legras, Mont Joye.
- MORE ART GLASS French Enameled Art Glass (See Example #716). Galle (See Catalog #745). Emile Galle, Tiffany, Mary Gregory, Steuben, Amberina, Daum, Peking Glass, Venetian.
- STERLING Gorham Tableware in the "Greenbriar" Pattern. Reed & Barton "Hampton Court" Coffee & Tea Service. Pair Sterling Silver Serving Spoons (See Catalog #808).
- ART POTTERY Rookwood, Roseville, Fulper, Weller, Faience.
- CUT GLASS & CRYSTAL Hand Cut Crystal Decanter Set (See Catalog #881). Waterford, Orrefors, Lalique, Baccarat, Steuben,
- MORE MEMORABILIA Postcards. Sammy Davis Jr. Personalized Cigarettes. John F. Kennedy White House Match Books. Sheet Music. "The White House" Presidential Leather Duffel & Flight Bags (See Catalog #48 & #49).
- IVORY Chinese Carvings (See Example #728), Snuff Bottles, African Tusk, Netsuke.
- NATIVE AMERICAN Santa Clara Bowl, Baskets, Jewelry.
- FINE ART Attributed to George Inness. Louis Icart, Bev Doolittle, Alice Blair Thomas. Attributed to John A. Roos. Paul Doering. Attributed to Frank Fitzgibbon. Circa 1890 American School Oil on Canvas (See Catalog #826). Gordon Gilkey, Heinie Hartwig, Ted Katz, Marc Chagall, School of Eliza Barchus, Salvador Dali, Pablo Picasso, Luigi Kasimir, Hazel K. Kastrow, Georges Braque, Fritz Jacobsen. California School (See Catalog #194). Various Watercolors on Paper (See Examples #118 & #806). British School (See Catalog #556).
- UNIQUE DECORATIVE PIECES Large Patinated Bronze Courtyard Fountain. Large Pair of Carved Gilt Wood Architectural Columns. Pair of Hand Carved Columnar Caps (See Catalog #815). Pair of Marquetry Pedestals with Marble Tops. Three Hand Carved Gilt Wood Panels (See Catalog #132). German Art Deco Figure of a Dancer (See Catalog #2). Wall Mirrors. Columbia Disc Grafonola Phonograph. Lamps, Treadle Sewing Machine. German .800 Fine Silver Figure of St. George. Needlepoint Sampler Fireplace Screen. Decorate your home with things that are "one-of-a-kind".
- BRONZE SCULPTURE Collection of Lorenzo E. Ghiglieri Bronzes.
- COLLECTORS LAMPS Jefferson (See Catalog #835) & Pittsburgh Table Lamps. 1920s Boudoir Table Lamp Signed Hepainaud.
- CLOCKS Lancaster Country Floor Clock. Atmos, Seth Thomas Mantel Clocks. Gustav Becker.
- FIREARMS German P.38 Mauser. Walther PPK/S. Sig Sauer. Smith & Wesson
- HAND TIED ORIENTAL RUGS & CARPETS Very Fine Persian Tabriz Area Rug in Wool & Silk with over 725 Knots Per Square Inch. Persian Carpets including Kashan, Hamadan, Turkoman, and Shiraz. Chinese. Choose from a wide variety for home or office.
- ANTIQUE & OTHER QUALITY FURNITURE Round Florentine Center Table with 36 inch diameter marble top. Venetian Painted Bombe Commode (See Catalog #858). 19th Century French Empire Round Marble-top Center Table (See Catalog #843). Pair of French Directoire-style Marble & Gilt Bronze Gueridons. Set of Six Carved Mahogany Carver Armchairs in the style of Charles II. French Regency Style Chest of Drawers, 19th Century North Italian Neoclassical & other Chests of Drawers. Chinese Carved & Painted Wood Bureau Plat. Dining Tables. Victorian Inlaid Walnut Loo Table (See Catalog #807). Circa 1900 American Carved Oak & Curved Glass China Cabinet & Matching Sideboard. Large Round Mahogany Pedestal Dining Table with Three Leaves. American Walnut Dining Sets from the 1920s. George III Slant-front Secretary in Oak (See Catalog #870). Cabinet Bookcases (See Example #65). Empire Mahogany Cabinet-on-Cabinet (See Catalog #100). Set of Four Gilt Wood Fauteuils in the style of Louis XV. Leather Sofas. Transitional Empire/Victorian Sofa (See Catalog #124). Victorian Sofa & Chair Set. Pair French Tulipwood Semainier. Victorian Carved Walnut & other Beds. Wardrobes, Sets of Dining Chairs. Victorian Walnut Bureau with Swivel Mirror. Desks, Rockers, Kitchen Cupboard (See Catalog #136), Morris Chair. Library, Game & Coffee Tables. Blanket Chests, Washstands, Nightstands
classic furniture that has stood the test of time.
- OTHER COLLECTIBLES & MUCH MORE Russian Icons, Fur Coats. Edwardian Brass Twin Inkwell Set (See Catalog #725). French Gilt Dresser Items (See Catalog#747). Vintage Marbles (See Examples #21, #54 & #101), Books, Sewing Thimbles, Gold Coins, Cups & Saucers, Estate Linens, Brass & Copper, Quilts, Paperweights, U. S. Army Uniforms, Costume Jewelry, Miniatures, Cloisonne, Opera Glasses, African Warthog Mount
OVER 875 LOTS! BE SURE TO PREVIEW TO SEE IT ALL!
If you will be unable to attend the Previews &
Auctions, contact us about ordering photographs and/or condition reports so you
can bid by absentee or telephone. Call us at 503-238-0202 or toll-free at
THE ON-LINE VERSION OF OUR AUCTION
CATALOG IS AVAILABLE HERE
- PREVIEW HOURS FOR THIS AUCTION ARE:
- Friday, January 18, 2002 from 6pm to 9pm
- Saturday & Sunday, January 19 & 20, 2002 from 12pm to 5pm.
- Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, January 21, 22 & 23, 2002 from 6pm to 7pm.
- AUCTION SESSION HOURS ARE:
- Monday, January 21, 2002 at 7pm (catalog #s 0102-0001 thru 0102-0300)
- Tuesday, January 22, 2002 at 7pm (catalog #s 0102-0301 thru 0102-0600)
- Wednesday, January 23, 2002 at 7pm (catalog #s 0102-0701 thru 0102-0950)
VISA, MASTERCARD AND DISCOVER CREDIT CARDS
ACCEPTED. PACKING AND SHIPPING AVAILABLE.
-- 12% BUYER'S PREMIUM
ABSENTEE AND TELEPHONE BIDS ACCEPTED: Please
e-mail (UP TO 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE
AUCTION) your name and telephone number(s), and we will call you to arrange for
your absentee and/or telephone bid (or call us toll-free at 1-888-238-0202 up
until the time the auction begins). To submit bids by fax, provide us with your
fax number, and we will fax to you an Absentee/Telephone Bid Form. Once you
have submitted bids for an auction by telephone or fax, we will have you setup
to submit bids by email (up to 24 hours prior to the auctions) for future
CONDITION REPORTS AND PHOTOGRAPHS AVAILABLE: If you are unable to
attend one of the previews, please contact
us about obtaining condition reports on and/or photographs of items you are
interested in bidding on. Please place your order for photographs or images by
Tuesday, January 15, 2002 so that you will receive them in time for the
NOW ACCEPTING CONSIGNMENTS: Refer a consignment to us and earn
up to five percent commission! Consignments are being accepted for our our
February 25, 26, & 27, 2002 Furniture and Decorative Arts Auction through Friday,
February 1, 2002. If you have an item you are considering selling, please
contact us today for a free
pre-sale evaluation without obligation!
Look at our Upcoming Auctions
Sign up for our FREE Mailing List and/or Order
Send us an E-mail Message (We
would like to hear from you!)